Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
Allan L. McVey
Insurance Commissioner
Company Admission Guidelines
To transact insurance in the State of West Virginia, an insurer must have a valid license issued by the West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner.

West Virginia is a NAIC UCAA participant state; therefore, West Virginia accepts the UCAA Primary and Expansion Applications. To obtain a license in West Virginia, insurers must follow the procedures outlined in the UCAA Primary and Expansion Applications.

Click here to link to the UCAA Guidelines

For all other admission requirements, please click on the corresponding link below: