Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
Allan L. McVey
Insurance Commissioner

Request For Certificate Of Good Standing


A Certificate of Good Standing is generally requested to show proof that an insurance company is licensed with the West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner. The certificate also shows all lines of insurance the insurance company is authorized to transact in the State of West Virginia.

To request a certificate of good standing, send a letter stating the insurance company's full name and include the name, address and phone number of where the certificate of good standing is to be sent. There is a $15.00 fee per certificate that is due at the time of request.
Make all checks and money orders payable to the West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner. Please remit your payment and submit requests for certificates of good standing to:

West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
Financial Conditions Division
PO Box 50540
Charleston WV 25305-0540

For additional information, please contact the Financial Conditions Division at (304) 558-2100.

If you are requesting a Certificate of Good Standing for a Third Party Administrator, please see Forms/Third Party Administrator for instructions and fee requirements.