All requests for copies of filings shall be processed under the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) (W. Va. Code § 29B-1-1 et seq.) information contained in public records to be reproduced in copy form shall be required to reimburse the Insurance Commission in accordance with the following:
- Copying costs shall be twenty-five cents ($0.25) per page. Copying costs for documents that are certified shall be fifty cents ($0.50) per page.
- The cost for the reproduction of records on computer discs shall be one dollar ($1.00) per disc.
- A fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) per hour, or quarter fraction thereof, shall be charged for the agency’s time spent in locating and duplicating the requested records beyond the initial quarter hour used to locate such records.
- The charge for copying materials that must be reproduced outside the Commission’s facilities shall be the actual cost of such copying.
- Mailing or delivery charges may be charged, at the actual cost, in connection with sending the requested information to the requesting party.
- An invoice for the total amount of fees will be sent to the requesting party. Payment shall be made by check or money order made payable to the Insurance Commissioner of West Virginia.
- Total or partial prepayment may be required if the Commissioner determines that the unpaid fees attributable to one (1) or more requests by the same requesting party exceeds ten dollars ($10.00).
- The Commissioner may waive the fees prescribed herein upon written request by a person requesting documents who shall state that he or she is unable to pay such fees.