The West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner requires the following items before a Risk Purchasing Group can be registered to do business in this State:
1. Identification of the method by which, and the person or persons, if any, through whom insurance will be offered to its members whose risks are located in this state.
2. Letter of documentation from the Insurance Department of the purchasing group's state of domicile stating that the group is domiciled with their state and properly registered. The West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner does not accept copies of the Articles of Incorporation from the Secretary of State's Office. This documentation must come from the Insurance Department in the group's state of domicile.
3. Identification of group's exact mailing address where all correspondence and regulatory documents from West Virginia should be forwarded.
4. Remittance of $200 processing fee for initial filing of registration materials. Make check payable to the West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner.
5. NAIC Group Notice and Registration Form Part A
6. NAIC Group Notice and Registration Form Part B
7. A statement from the Purchasing Group identifying all other states in which the group intends to do business.
A letter confirming the group's registration will be forwarded to the purchasing group once we have received and reviewed the above-requested items. Please be advised that until this Department issues this confirmation, the group will not be considered validly registered to do business in the state of West Virginia.